Types of protectors
We offer 3 types of upright protectors:
- Standard upright protectors – the most popular type of front protection with the best strength parameters. Protector is manufactured in 6 versions differing in dimensions depending on the cross-section of the protected column and steel jacket thickness.
- Narrow upright protectors – protection with slightly lower strength parameters, but smaller in size. It provides more handling clearance in the bottom compartment (level ‘0’).
- Universal upright protectors – model of front protection consisting of three components bolted together which allows it to be adapted to each cross-section of the column available on the market.
Rack protectors are designed and manufactured by MGL on the basis of our experience gained over the years in the field of intralogistics and warehouse racking solutions. Our upright and frame protectors can be installed with racking of any manufacturer. The investor can be sure that their performance parameters and level of protection will always be in accordance with applicable standards:
- Dimensions of the frame and upright protectors ensure that the required handling clearance between construction components of racks and stored loads are maintained.
- Properly installed, the protectors will maintain a safe distance between them and the rack upright.
- Upright and frame protectors can effectively absorb impact forces up to 400 Nm applied from any direction at the height of up to 400 mm above floor level.
- The surface of the protective components is covered with powder paint in the colours specified in safety colours standards, i.e. bright yellow or yellow-black warning stripes.
Compliance with standards
Protective components for warehouse racking have been designed and manufactured by MGL in accordance with current intralogistics standards:
- FEM 10.2.16 The Design and Use of Rack Protection for Adjustable Pallet Racking. Upright and Frame Protection – in terms of dimensions, construction and required resistance to damage.
- EN 15620 Steel static storage systems. Adjustable pallet racking. Tolerances, deformation and clearances – with regard to maintaining appropriate handling clearance between construction components of racks and stored loads.
- EN 15629 Steel static storage systems. The specification of storage equipment – in terms of basic applications and installation locations of column and frame protectors.
- EN 15512 Steel static storage systems. Adjustable pallet racking. Principles for structural design – with regard to minimum requirements for the protection of corner columns.
- ISO 3864-1:2011 Graphical symbols. Safety colours and safety signs. Part 1: Design principles for safety signs and safety markings – in terms of the safety colours used.