MGL offers three types of P&D compartments with different anchorages and load capacities:
- “S” type – construction of low weight capacity. It is assembled to the frame with typical clevis mounts with protection.
- “M” type – construction of higher weight limit. It is assembled to the frame by bolted joints which fix compartment supports directly to the perforated frame.
- “HD” type – construction of the highest weight limit. This compartment is assembled to the outermost frame and the next one in a rack row. Bolted connections fix the compartment to the perforated framing columns.
Load weight limits for P&D compartments:
|Compartment length [mm]||Model “S” [kg]||Model “M” [kg]||Model “HD” [kg]|
Application of pick&drop compartments
Rules of loads handling on P&D compartments:
- Turret trucks or stacker cranes deliver and collect pallets from P&D compartment in the same way as they operate on other compartments in a rack row.
- Forklift trucks deliver and collect loads from P&D compartment from the front of a pallet rack.
Pick&Drop installations are also used as intermediate storage place for empty pallets.